Alumni Families, please register here (click here) . Open from Jan 18.
General Public, please register below. Open Feb 1.
General Registration Information
Please note we are still accepting registrations for the 2017/18 year. Public registrations for the 2018/19 year starting in September 2018 will open February 1.
Registration forms must be completed online and submitted along with a $50 non-refundable registration fee. The registration fee can be paid online using Paypal or a credit card.
At Springhill we offer flexible and part-time enrolment. You can choose the number of eligible days your child will attend.
Registration will open for alumni families on January 18, 2017 and alumni families will be given priority. Registration will open for new families on February 1, 2017. Families will be contacted by mid-April regarding whether they were awarded a spot or were placed on our wait list. We will continue to take registrations after April 1, however, they will be processed on a first come first served basis.
During the school year, registrations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis and filled until classes are full and then placed on a wait list. Please contact our Registrar if you have any questions regarding availability.
Requirements at Springhill Preschool
• Children must be two by December 31, 2017.
• Children do not have to be toilet trained.
• Children must be three by December 31, 2017.
• Children must be daytime toilet trained. “Daytime toilet trained” means the child may wear diapers/pull-ups for naps or at night, but is toilet trained the rest of the time.
• Please note: If your child is not three years old as of September 1 of that year, you will be asked to remain in the classroom until your child is three years of age in order to ensure we are compliant with provincial licensing ratio requirements.)
Three/four science program
• Children must be three on or before September 1, 2017.
• Children must be daytime toilet trained.
• This class is science focused. The children participate in a variety of experiments and investigations.
• Children must be four by March 1, 2018.
• Children must be daytime toilet trained.
Once a child begins a program, they stay in that program for the entire school year even if/when they have a birthday during the year. For example, if a child starts in the two-year-old program in September and turns three in February, the child remains in the two-year-old program until the end of the school year.
Tuition fees for 2017/18:
Monthly tuition fees are determined on a family basis by combining the number of classes attended by all the children in your family as follows:
In lieu of fundraising, the parents of Springhill Community Preschool have decided on a fundraising fee. The fee per child is $300 per year divided into two payments (October and February). Fundraising fees will be prorated if a child starts part way through the year and are not refunded once cashed (ie after October 1 or February 1).
Since Springhill is a co-operative, parents are essential to the operation of the preschool. Although there are no duty days, parents are required to:
- Attend three General Meetings (usually September, January and June).
- Fulfill a volunteer position (all volunteer roles are listed and summarized in the parent handbook).
- Participate in two cleaning bees per year.
Subsidies are available through the Alberta Government for families who need financial assistance. Please visit the Alberta Children and Youth Services website for more information.
If you wish to withdraw your child, you must notify the registrar in writing at least one month in advance.
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to drop a class/classes before classes begin in September, this request must be received before June 1, 2017.
Changes made after this date will result in a $50 change fee. For changes made to enrolment after September 1, 2017, notice of withdrawal must be received on or before the first of the month to be effective on the last day of that month. For example, notice must be given on or before March 1 to with draw a child as of March 31. If notice is given on March 2, the child would be considered withdrawn as of April 30. A student may continue to attend classes during the notice period.
The board has decided to offer free registration (maximum $50 value) for any family that refers another family to Springhill for the upcoming school year. Once the new family has registered, the referring family will either be refunded their registration fee for 2017/18 or have the fee waived once they register. Please encourage your friends and family to consider Springhill Community Preschool for their children!